Friday, August 29, 2008

Beginning the Process

I went to my Transportation briefing today for our Household Goods. Normally, Chris would be doing this stuff because he's the soldier, but since he's off playing in the sandbox right now, I get to do it. I got to sit in a little classroom with about 30 soldiers - I was the only one there who wasn't wearing ACU's - and listen to a lady read aloud every word that was on the packet I got when I signed in. Then we went through and filled out the pick-up application together as a class. "In box 1A where it says Name, write your name..." What is this, kindergarten?

Anyway, I got through it and we are having our house packed up on September 15th and 16th. I guess I'd better get my butt in gear and get everything ready, huh? I have lots of lists of everything I need to do, everything I need to pack for the trip, what's coming, what's staying, all that kind of fun stuff. Now I get to go through and write down the serial numbers of all of our electronics, take pictures of everything to document it's condition, gather all of our important papers to hand carry...you get the idea.

I think these next 2 weeks or so will show my true mettle as a self-sufficient Army wife. Let's just hope I don't accidentally let the movers pack anything important, like my car keys or one of my kids....

2 comments:

Lindsay Barlow said...

Give me a call, I wish I could have a party for you, but My backyard is a jungle, and Skeet is never here anymore to get it straightened out.. Maybe you and the boys can come over one afternoon for a awhile to spend some time let me know, Bodie's classes are on Tues. and Thurs.

Sara said...

You might want to consider having the movers take the kids...remember it IS a long trip across the country...