Friday, August 8, 2008

Landlords

Well, I met with our realtor today about putting our house on the market. We weren't expecting to be able to make very much on the house since we've only owned it for 2 years. But with the market being so very crappy right now, we would have been hard-pressed to even break even. There are some houses in our neighborhood that are going for over $20,000 less than what we would have had to sell ours for, and they've been on the market for quite awhile already. So, in view of that we have decided to rent it out instead. Hopefully in a few years, after this big influx of troops that are supposed to be coming to Fort Benning in 2009-2010, the housing market will increase and we can actually sell it for a profit. In the meantime, we are going to be landlords! The problem is that our realtor (now our property manager), says he's got a lot of people looking for rentals that will be available in September. It's not my first choice, but if it means that we will be guaranteed a renter before we leave, I guess I can be out of my house in September. I could conceivably be moved out of my house in 3 weeks! I really hope we can find someone that will be okay with October 1, but you never know! I'll probably be crashing in my parents house until Chris comes home...could be fun...:-)

Anyway, here are some pics of the house after we did all that work to it....

This is the front of the house, where we did some landscaping:




The side of the house:




Rather than replace the whole countertops we decided to do some tile accents where the damage was. They are really good for setting hot pots and stuff on!




And finally we have the newly remodeled kids' bathroom, complete with fresh paint, new countertop, new wood floor and painted cabinet:


No comments: