Thursday, September 25, 2008

Day Eight - Colorado Springs, Colorado

We made it to Colorado Springs! After a fairly short day of driving we have arrived at the foot of the Rockies. We've already had dinner with my old friend Heidi and her son Brian (whom I haven't seen in 6 years) and my sister Christa who just moved here a few months ago. We will be here for 3 days, leaving on Sunday. It will be so nice to have a decent break in traveling, I think Aiden is on the verge of a major meltdown, not to mention Mommy and Grandma. It feels like we are finally making progress, we seemed to be in Kansas forever. We are over halfway there, closer to the end than the beginning.

We finally found a Starbucks this morning when we left the hotel in Colby, they are not as common in the Midwest as they are everywhere else. I guess the hearty Midwesterners prefer their coffee strong and black, and Starbucks doesn't hold that much appeal. Personally I can't think of a better way to start the day than a white chocolate mocha with a shot of peppermint, but I AM from California....

The landscape has definitely improved, lots of mountains and trees and green. I can't wait to see more of Colorado, I think it's going to be beautiful. Hopefully tomorrow I can get some pictures to share. Here are today's stats:

Miles traveled: 240

Number of times Aiden had to be taken out of a restaurant for a discussion on appropriate behavior: 2

Number of times Jennifer got her hotels mixed up and couldn't remember her room number: 4

Number of times Aiden forgot what he was doing at dinner and dipped his crayons in ranch dressing: 5

Number of times the ice maker down the hall has spontaneously spit out ice: 3

Number of times Grandma accidentally put her room key next to her cell phone and demagnatized it so she couldn't get into the room: 2

Exploring Colorado Springs tomorrow, we'll see what the day brings....

1 comment:

Roxxi said...

I forgot about your love for Starbucks! Yes we midwesterners love it too! We have 2 here in Stillwater!:0)
Should have taken you there....would have made Kansas easier on you!:0)
Hope you are enjoying the Rockies!
*HUGS*