Thursday, September 18, 2008

Day One - Memphis, TN

Well, we survived the first day of our cross-country trip and arrived in Memphis, TN. We are safely ensconced at the Embassy Suites - an added benefit of volunteering to be personal property of the US Government is that you get to take advantage of the Federal Government rate at places like this....We are staying 2 nights here, and tomorrow we are heading out to a place I've always wanted to visit - Graceland. I'm a big Elvis fan (young, 50's Elvis, not fat 70's Elvis), so I'm looking forward to it. The boys were pretty good considering we drove about 400 miles today, although Jack got a little upset toward the end. We drove through three states today - Alabama, Mississippi and now Tennessee. I've actually never been to Mississippi, so now I can cross that one off my list. Oh - did you know there is a town called Brilliant, Alabama? Strikes me as a contradiction in terms....Here are the stats for Day One of our trip:

Miles Traveled: 400

Number of times we "took the scenic route": 1

Number of times Aiden watched the movie Cars: 3

Number of hours Aiden was knocked out from Dramamine: ZERO

Number of times Jack tried to take a nap only to be woken up by Aiden's "singing": 4

Number of times we thought "what the HECK were we thinking??" 412

I'll try to post every day of our trip, so make sure you keep checking back!!

3 comments:

Chris said...

I am glad to know all is well. My poor little baby didn't get to take a nap. Maybe you should quadruple the amount of Dramamine you give Aiden.

Handleman in another life said...

We are seriously thinking about it Chris - or maybe Dramamine AND benedryl???

Off to Graceland now... :-)

Mom #2

trinity said...

I'll be praying for you the rest of your trip, hope all goes well and those boys decide to nap at the same time.