Friday, September 5, 2008

Moving: Step One

The moving company came out today to do pre-inspection of the house. They basically just write down all the different types of furniture, see if I have any valuable or fragile items, and get an estimate of how much stuff we have so they know how much packing material they need bring on moving day. It's really nice to have other people pack up all of your crap for you, but there are a few things that I like to pack myself. It just totally grosses me out to think of strange men packing my underwear.... The guy told me if I come down to the warehouse tomorrow he'll give me as many boxes as I want so that I can pack up whatever I need to in advance.

We are going to be moving out of here and into my parent's house on Thursday or Friday of next week. Then the weekend will be spent prepping the house for the movers - everything has to be unplugged, disconnected, emptied out...etc. Then the movers will be here Monday and Tuesday, and we'll be out of here Thursday or Friday. I can't believe we're leaving in 2 weeks! I'm excited to move on, but a little bit sad. My babies were born here, after all!

No comments: