Saturday, September 27, 2008

Days Nine and Ten - Colorado Springs, CO

The last two days we have been hanging out here in Colorado Springs. A beautiful city, I might add. Yesterday we went out to Manitou Springs and the Garden of the Gods. Absolutely beautiful scenery, and a place I would definitely consider retiring! We ate crepes at a little European cafe that Christa works at and then wandered around the little town for a while. Then last night Heidi and I went out to the movies and then hit the hotel bar. I honestly can't remember the last time I went to a bar. It doesn't happen very often. I do remember a night out at the Vilseck bowling alley with all of my girlfriends which consisted of several shots of Jose Cuervo and ended rather badly. Last night all I had was half a glass of white wine and a good night's sleep. Oh how things change when the kids come along!

Today the boys and I went over to Heidi's to hang out and do laundry. It's amazing how quickly the dirty clothes pile up when you have two gross boys. Grandma and Christa did some more exploring in the city. Tomorrow we are heading out again, hoping to get somewhere in Wyoming. These three days of rest have flown by way too quickly! Onward we go....

PS - I just want to mention how incredibly sad I am at the passing of Paul Newman. He has been my favorite actor for a long time and he will be missed. Hollywood is sadly lacking in class these days, but Paul Newman was one of the greats. :-(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by! It was good to see you again and finally meet the boys!!