Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Day Thirteen - Salt Lake City, Utah

Today we went to the zoo here in Salt Lake City. It was fun, we actually made it through 3 hours of sightseeing without a meltdown from Aiden. My mom took some pictures....

Here are Aiden and I in front of the elephants.


Aiden sitting on a tiger statue - getting him to look in the general direction of the camera took a lot of effort.

Mommy and Jack in the monkey house.
Aiden riding on the carousel. I suggested that maybe Grandma could take him on the carousel and I got an evil look from her. Turns out she feels the same way about carousels that I feel about clowns.... :-)


Aiden eating his bribe for good behavior. Yes, I bribed him with ice cream, but hey - it worked for once!

And finally Jack's answer to the whole day....


After the zoo we stopped quickly at the Hard Rock Cafe for souvenirs. Good thing we did, cause it's closing in December and this would have been my one and only chance! I think I have about 20 Hard Rock shot glasses now...have to count them when we finally unpack. Speaking of that - I got a call from Fort Irwin Transportation saying that they had received our household goods and they will be waiting in storage until we arrive! Yay!! Tomorrow we head out West again, we are planning on stopping in Winnemucca, Nevada. It's the last stop before a whole lot of nothing so we figured we'd better stop there. Check back tomorrow night!

3 comments:

Mike Daley said...

Can you tell them to pick out a nice house and set everything up before you arrive as well.

Chris said...

Sorry Mike, if they did that then I wouldn't get the opportunity to take an additional 10 days of free leave.

Sara said...

Have fun in Winnemucca...you know what they're famous for, right?