Monday, September 22, 2008

Day Five - Junction City, Kansas

Well, we made it to Kansas. And let me just say that yesterday we gave Aiden a half a tablet of Dramamine and after 3 hours he slept for a whole whopping 30 minutes. Today I gave him the same amount and he didn't sleep at all. What is WITH this kid?? In 5 days of traveling he has slept for a half an hour of it.

We originally had plans to stay here for one night, but we have decided for the sake of our sanity to stay 2 nights. We just really need a break from traveling, so we are spending the day tomorrow with my friend Brandy and her daughter Maddy who is Aiden's age - they just moved here to Fort Riley, so it will be fun to catch up.

Kansas is an interesting place. I now understand how it was possible for Dorothy to make it to Oz. It's WINDY here! Also, they have museums for just about everything. The "Museum of Fashion" would have been interesting, but somehow I don't think Aiden would have been amused. Oh well. And you know what else? We saw gas for $2.95! And it was about 15 minutes after we filled up the tank....:-)

I stopped into Walmart this evening after dinner to pick up some diapers for Jack. I was in the check out line when I suddenly realized I was channeling white trash - I was actually buying diapers and beer. How awful is that? And this is really weird - when I was leaving the store I heard a "Jennifer? Right?" come from behind me. I turned around and saw a guy that Chris was in Korea with 8 years ago! Talk about a small world, huh?

Here are the stats for Day Five:

Miles traveled: 200

Number of times Aiden was carried kicking and screaming out of a public place: 2

Number of times Aiden watched Tom and Jerry: 4 ( you can only take so much of CARS)

Number of unique and unusual museums (that my Dad would love to go through) we saw advertised on the side of the road in Kansas: 5

Number of times that Jennifer crammed Jack's pacifier into his mouth so he would shut up only to discover that he actually had a poopy diaper: 12 (he didn't really have 12 poopy diapers, that's just how many times I tried to give him his binky when he didn't want it...)

Tomorrow we chill, and then on Wednesday we take off in the general direction of Colorado - stay tuned!

No comments: